1. Members must be financial to be able to participate in any club activities.
2. Mansfield swim club cap is compulsory when competing on behalf of the club.
3. Members are encouraged to assist with setup, packing up & club fund raising activities.
4. No swimmer should enter the pool prior to training until instructed by coach to do so.
5. It is requested that coaches are not interrupted during training sessions.
6. Members must inform their coach if intending to leave a training session prior to the end of the session.
7. Mansfield Swimming Club encourages ideals of responsible & safe conduct during club activities (it is expected that members will act in accordance with the Behavioural Codeas endorsed by Swimming Victoria). Click on highlighted link for more information
8. All local swimming pool rules are to be obeyed – swimmers entering the water outside of the club allocated session times come under the rules of the YMCA and must obey directions given by pool employees.
We support the Mansfield Swimming Pool who adheres
to the guidelines from Royal Lifesaving Australia of ‘Safe Pool
Operations’. Which state that any child
under 10 must be actively supervised by someone 16 or older. The club is unable
to supervise these children. Therefore
children under 10 without an appropriate guardian must remain out of the pool
until their training time.
support the Mansfield Swimming Pool who has signed onto ‘Watch Around Water
Programme’. This is an aquatic industry
initiative that states that any child under 5 in the water must be within arm’s
reach of a guardian also in the water at all times.
9. Competitors are requested to acknowledge their names when called and to remain in their order as marshalled.
10. On completion of events competitors will remain in the water until told to leave by an official.
11. Any swimmer refusing to obey an instruction from the club official may be subject to disciplinary action.
12. During racing, only officials concerned are permitted on the concourse around the pool.
13. No discussion will be entered into regarding times or disqualifications during the course event.
14. Pool to be completely cleared of swimmers when whistled to do so.